By Neil Patel
You already know that content marketing is the new SEO, but how do you do it? There are a lot of guides on the Internet that talk about it, but no one breaks it down from A to Z.
Due to this, I decide to write The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing along with the help of our Crazy Egg blog editor, Kathryn Aragon.
Here’s what is covered in this 40,000 word guide:
- Introduction – a break down of what you are going to learn.
- Chapter 1: Build a Strong Foundation – why not make those important content marketing decisions now so you can lay a strong foundation? In this chapter, you’ll get to know your objectives, your target audience, and your content strategy. You’ll also learn the technology and work flow that will help you meet your objectives.
- Chapter 2: Generate Clickable Ideas – having a content marketing plan isn’t enough. You need to be able to generate enough content ideas to keep you going for months if not years. This chapter will teach you how to generate ideas for any industry.
- Chapter 3: How to Plan Your Content For Maximum Productivity – there are a lot of time consuming aspects of content marketing, if you can’t figure out how to make the most of your time you’ll find yourself drowning in content creation. This chapter will teach you how to be productive.
- Chapter 4: Learn to Write Content Like a Pro – I’ve blogged in the past about how I write my content, but now I’ve created a whole chapter on how you can become an excellent writer like Seth Godin.
- Chapter 5: 12 Content Writing Secrets of The Professionals – in this chapter you’ll learn what separates the pros from the beginners. If you want to be a great content marketer, you have to follow the secrets of the pros.
- Chapter 6: Templates for Quick and Easy Content Creation – people have written content on all sorts of topics in different styles. There’s no point in recreating the wheel… which is why I help you templatize everything.
- Chapter 7: Overcoming Common Content Marketing Roadblocks – sooner or later you’re going to get stuck. Whether it’s on the creation side or the promotion side or within any other phase of content marketing, this chapter will teach you how to overcome the roadblocks you’ll run into sooner or later.
- Chapter 8: The Other Side of Content Creation: Optimize for Search – Google and Bing can drive a lot of traffic. If you want your content to do well you need to write it for humans and rank it on search engines.
- Chapter 9: Promoting Your Content to Increase Traffic, Engagement, and Sales – if you can’t generate revenue from your content marketing efforts you won’t be doing it too long. This chapter will teach you how to get a ROI from your marketing.
- Chapter 10: Driving Business Objectives With Content: 5 Simple Strategies for Monetizing Your Content – in this chapter, you learn five methods for monetizing your content without advertising. Not all of them will work for every business, but all of them are valuable strategies that are being used successfully by other content marketers.
Click here to read The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing.
Hopefully you like The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing. As time goes on I’ll try to keep the guide updated with the latest and greatest tactics. If you see anything that needs to be fixed, feel free and leave a comment below.
PS: Don’t forget to tweet about The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing.
PPS: You would be doing me a HUGE FAVOR by reading The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing, sharing it via Twitter and Facebook, and by leaving me a comment to let me know what you think.