By Cassie Gray
Twitter chats are a great way to learn new strategies and tools, ask questions, participate in discussions and even answer some questions around digital marketing. The sheer volume of Twitter chats can feel overwhelming—that’s why I’ve compiled a list of chats that users can learn from and enjoy. The best part about networking via Twitter: you can tweet from anywhere—even in your jammies, in the comfort of your own home!
Here’s a list of my favorites:
1. Brand Chat (#brandchat) features discussions about building and managing corporate and personal brands. This chat takes place every Wednesday from 11 a.m. to noon, and is moderated by Maria Duron (@mariaduron) and Gary Nix (@mr_mcfly). Weekly topics and recaps can be found on their website, thebrandchat.com.
2. Social Chat (#socialchat) follows the latest trends in social media. The chat usually features a guest to answer questions and contribute to the conversation. Social Chat is moderated by Search Engine Journal writer Michelle Stinson Ross (@socialmicheller) and Digital Always Media founding partner Alan K’necht (@aknecht). It occurs every Monday from 9-10 p.m.
3. Social Media Measurement (#smmeasure) is dedicated to social media measurement and analytics. It is hosted by Marketwired (@marketwire) and occurs on Thursdays from noon to 1 p.m.
4. Tools Chat (#toolschat) covers a wide range of marketing tools to help with your business or clients. It’s hosted by Michael Todd (@mqtodd), and occurs every Wednesday at 10 p.m. If tools, data and research are your jam, you will love this chat.
5. Blog Chat (#blogchat) covers all aspects of blogging and SEO for blogs. This chat occurs every Sunday from 9-10 p.m. and is moderated by Mack Collier (@mackcollier).
6. Media Chat (#mediachat) discusses leveraging content curation to help achieve marketing goals. Each week, an expert guest is featured to teach attendees more about online media, apps, tools and more. It’s hosted by Aaron Kilby (@kilby76) and occurs 10-11 p.m. on Thursdays.
7. Measure PR (#measurepr) is a chat about all things measurement in PR. Each week they feature an expert guest. It’s hosted by Shonali Burke (@shonali) and occurs on Tuesdays 12-1 p.m.
8. PR Pro Chat (#prprochat) occurs on the first Thursday of every month at 2 p.m. It’s founded and moderated by PR professional Carrie Morgan (@morgancarrie). Topics range from blogging, digital PR, social media, content curation and much more. A list of upcoming chats and agenda can be found on her site, rockthestatusquo.com.
9. Journ Chat (#journchat) maintains ongoing and open dialogue between journalists, bloggers and public relations professionals. It’s organized by Sarah Evans (@prsarahevans) and occurs on Mondays 6-7 p.m.
Don’t have time to try all of these chats? Pick one or two each week and schedule them on your calendar to keep them organized. And once you’ve been engaged in the chat a couple times, why not offer to be a featured guest?
For quick reference, here are all of the above Twitter chats, days and times:
Any other favorite chats you’d like to share? Please let me know in the comments below.
*All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
Image credit: Ken Varnum