By Dan Levy
BuzzFeed. Squirrels. Popups. Taylor Swift in a Tesla tickling tuna.
Do I have your attention?
Probably not, because so many darn things are competing for it at the exact same time. (Like that email notification that just popped up in the corner of your screen. Don’t look at it! It’ll still be there in a minute, I promise.)
This is the challenge marketers are faced with everyday and that Unbounce co-founder Oli Gardner tackles head on in his brand new 68-page masterpiece, Attention-Driven Design: 23 Visual Principles For Designing More Persuasive Landing Pages.
Oli has been touring the world for the last 18 months, spreading the gospel about how to design amazing marketing experiences that both delight and convert. We finally persuaded him to sit down and put his latest research, insights and hilarious ramblings into writing.
You won’t believe what happened next.
Spoiler alert: He wrote a brilliant ebook. Download it below to see for yourself. It’s totally free and will make you a better human being. Or at least a better marketer and designer.
- Why Oli has a love/hate relationship with BuzzFeed
- What happened when he put his own mug next to a landing page CTA (hint: it was a humbling experience)
- How to design a page with a perfect Attention Ratio (and when you might want to bend the rules)
- What John and Yoko can teach you about attention-driven design
- Why squirrels are jerks. Really, they are.